CapitalMark Records 17th Consecutive Quarterly Profit
“We are pleased to report 17 consecutive quarters of positive earnings. Few banks can stake this claim post-financial crisis. Despite a weak economy and a competitive banking landscape, CapitalMark delivered a 21% increase in loans, demonstrating our ability to continue to build core earnings capacity,” said R. Craig Holley, CapitalMark’s Chairman, President and CEO.
- Gross Loans increased to $472 million, or 21.0% over the same period last year.
- Deposits totaled $682 million, a 10.1% increase year-over-year.
- Total Assets grew to $790 million, or 11.3% over the first quarter 2012.
- Operating Revenue grew 9.5% year-over-year.
- Net Income was $828 thousand for the first quarter 2013.
- Securities Gains decreased $710 thousand from the same period last year.
- Net Interest Income before loan loss provision increased 10.0% year-over-year.
- Tier 1 Leverage Ratio was 10.49%.
- Net Charge-offs to Average Loans was 0.2%.
- Ratio of Past Due Loans > 30 Days to Total Loans was 0.1%.
- Non-Performing Assets to Total Assets Ratio decreased to 0.7% from 0.8% in the prior quarter.
Holley added, “Within the past year, CapitalMark opened two new offices, added two new Banker Teams and completed a capital raise. We are poised for continued, strong growth over the next few years. We will continue to lead with our Banker Teams’ expertise in C&I lending and private banking, offering one-point-of contact to streamline and simplify our clients’ banking experience.”
About CapitalMark Bank & Trust:
CapitalMark Bank & Trust is a full-service commercial bank with four private client offices throughout East Tennessee to include Chattanooga, Cleveland, Knoxville and Oak Ridge. CapitalMark’s Banker Teams serve the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and managers, as well as professionals, executives and their families. Services offered include mortgage and trust and wealth management. For more information, please visit: capitalmark.com.